Thinking of new directions.
The last 3 pieces of Soviet bromportrait paper 😦
Was fortunate enough to get ahold of some Soviet era Slavich Bromportrait from 1983. The paper is wonderful for lith printing though exposure times can get up there. Some of these needed exposures of 6 minutes! With shorter development times, the paper has a nice brown tone. Longer developments get the classic yellow lith.
I paired the paper with some negatives shot on Svema MZ3 for consistency. Unfortunately with the paper and the negative being so contrasty, it didn’t always work. Going to try next with some HP5 negatives.
Shot in the DarK: New Film Photography opens today and runs through May 30th at The Da Vinci Art Alliance. This is a group show of artists from the Fleisher Art of the Fine Print class. I will have the 3 pieces below in the show and they are also available for sale on the Da Vinci Website store.
There will be a virtual opening reception on Sunday May 16 from 2:00 to 3:00 pm, join me with a glass of wine! The reception will be hosted on Zoom, go here for the link.
Prints from shots taken at FDR Park.
Please bear with me as I work through a year’s backlog of negatives.
Last summer I acquired a bunch, and I mean A BUNCH, of old Agfa Brovira paper. I was hoping to use it for lith processing. Last night I finally got in the darkroom and was not disappointed.
I tried some more second pass lith processing. These are all done on Ilford MG Warmtone paper. I developed them normally then bleached them back and redeveloped them in Arista lith.