I took a trip to Chicago over the 4th of July weekend and I brought along my trusty Diana. I walked a lot and tried hard not to stare at everything.
A few prints from my latest darkroom adventures.
Getting to the end of my pack of expired Kodak Kodabromide paper. I would like to get more, but the Ebay sellers are not very trustworthy and they really gouge you on the shipping charges.
Spent part of this week outside of Phoenix on an business trip. As usual, I spent most of my time in the hotel, but I did sneak out one evening for some shots of the golf course with my Diana and a roll of Ilford Fp4.
Late tee time
A river runs through it
With a rubber washer and a little black tape, I made the opera glass lens f6.3. It’s not quite the f8 or f11 I was hoping for, but it’s a significant jump from f3. This really helped with the depth of field.
I bought a pair of globes at the Resource Exchange. They aren’t earth globes. Not sure what they are. But, they make a fun still life.
Yesterday was World Toy Camera day and I spent it in bed sick. But I’m shooting toy cameras every day, so there’s that.
Here are a few of my latest shots with the Stellar (Diana clone) and the close-up filters.
I made a lens for my Graflex Speed Graphic out of a broken pair of opera glasses. It’s a simple, one element lens. My rough calculations make it to be 63mm and f3.2.
The first images came out nice. I will experiment more. I definitely want to stop it down to f8 or f11.
Shot on Fomapan 200. Developed in MC-TEA.
I recently picked up some expired photo paper from The Resource Exchange–a kind of thrift store for artists here in Philadelphia.
I had never heard of the paper but it had “Bro” in the name which made me think it would be a good lith paper. For $6 I got about 15 sheets of Agfa Brovira BW 119. It looks to be from the 60s or 70s.
A few sheets were fogged, which was to be expected.
I googled it to see if people had any experience with it in lith. Of course, there were about a hundred different opinions. Some people claimed it didn’t lith and others that it just needed a ton of time It turned out really well in lith for me so that’s that. Here are the final prints.